Monday 22 October 2012

Typography: Baskerville




 
 

The photograph I used to acquire the look I wanted for the spread, using light to create a depth in my work and mimic styles I like similar to that of Snask.

When I edited the image, I altered the exposure through photoshop and made the type lighter creating a better contrast with the shadows.

I decided I'd change the design slightly, and added some more content regarding John Baskerville, made some other minor changes and edited and placed the picture of the wooden type.

 

I think the spread works really well overall and was quite original with the use of the counters, and wooden type. 


Here is the final pdf of the spread I created, I also added a colour to the spread although the task was set in black and white. I just wanted to try with the yellow as I have some stock I would like to use for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment